Terms and Conditions
Legal Notices Devonport House
1. Guest/s attend this establishment at their own risk.
2. The Proprietor, its agent/s and/or its employee/s (“the Proprietor”) shall not be liable for, and the guest/s hereby waive/s and abandon/s any claims of whatever nature including but not limited to that for theft, injury, loss or damage of whatever nature, against the Proprietor, whether arising from the Proprietor’s default, negligence or otherwise.
3. The guest/s, in addition to the aforesaid, hereby indemnify the Proprietor against any claims which may arise from whatever nature, whether arising from the Proprietor’s default, negligence or otherwise.
4. Any damage suffered by way of personal injuries of any nature and severity whatsoever sustained whilst at DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE or whilst using any facilities, regardless of whether such injuries were caused by or resulted from gross negligence or a wrongful act of the owner and/or management and/or employees OR if the injuries were caused by malfunctioning of any apparatus and/or equipment and/or appliance, is hereby excluded and the owner and/or management and/or employees of DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE is hereby expressly indemnified.
5. The use of all equipment and facilities is at your own risk. The owner and/or management of DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE, and/or anyone employed by the afore going persons and/or entities are hereby absolved of all and any responsibility relating to any injury, damage, illness or death whilst at DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE and whilst on the premises and/or using any of the facilities.
6. The said owner and/or management and/or employees are hereby indemnified against any loss or damage to the property and possessions including but not limited to data loss of a person whilst a guest at DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE. Regardless of the cause of such loss or damage, including but not limited to gross negligence or any wrongful act of the aforementioned owner and/or management and/or employees
DEVONPORT HOUSE – Terms and Conditions:
Whilst every care has been taken at DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE to ensure the safety of guests and possessions whilst enjoying the accommodation, the following House rules have been included
DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE or the owners do not accept any liability for loss of or damage to any valuables or property belonging to guests or their visitors. This includes but is not limited to, photographic equipment, laptops and data contained therein or other electronic devices, jewellery, cash and vehicles. Please note all rooms are fitted with a secure wall safe, it is expected that guest utilize these facilities. In the event you are unsure please ask a member of our staff.
It is the sole responsibility of all guests to ensure the safety and security of themselves and their belongings, as well as take out adequate insurance coverage on all valuable items and have the appropriate travel/business insurance to cover any circumstances that will prevent them from fulfilling these obligations. This should be done prior to arrival at DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE
Any guest or their visitors using the swimming pool and surrounding area are utilising such facilities entirely at their own risk and that they are fully aware that there are no lifesaving facilities of any nature provided and therefore indemnify prior to arrival and the owners of this facility in full and shall have no claim of whatsoever nature against DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE and the owners including any claim from any injury/ bodily harm/death and or/loss of property which could arise from the use of this facility.
Loss or Damage to DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE
Should DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE suffer any loss or damage as a result of an act or omission by a guest or visitor of a guest, the guest will remain liable for full reimbursement of such loss or damage incurred and will be billed accordingly.
Right of Admission Reserved
DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE at all times reserves the full right of admission and accepts no liability for any loss or damage that may result from the legal and reasonable exercising of such rights. Guests who wish to bring other guests not registered to stay at the establishment are to consult our website for booking procedure.
For the comfort of our guests, DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE is a strictly non- smoking accommodation establishment except for outside guest areas. In the event smoking is detecting fines equivalent to that of South African legislation will be applied.
The material and information contained in this site is provided by DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE as a service to its customers and may be used for information purposes only. By using this site, you are bound by the following terms and agree to abide by them:
1. The information, text, images, links and all other information and software published or contained on this site are the exclusive property of DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE and may not be copied, distributed, displayed, reproduced or transmitted, in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE
2. This site and the information contained herein is without any warranty of its performance, accuracy, completeness, merchantability or fit for any particular purpose, and the user of such information agrees to waive any and all warranties with respect to same. Access to this site and use of the information contained herein and/or the use of a credit card or other debit device or the creation of any liability or obligation in connection with the access to or use of the site is at the user’s sole risk. By proceeding to access and/or use this site and the information contained beyond this page, the user hereby acknowledges and agrees to the terms of usage set forth herein, assumes all risk of such usage and hereby waives any and all liabilities and damages which may arise out of or is in any way connected with the user’s access to or use of the information.
3. DEVONPORT HOUSE GUEST HOUSE , Owner, Offices, Employees, Representatives and Agents, are not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever to any user howsoever arising.
The following payment policy is observed ~
All bookings will be charged 50% of the total fee upon making the reservation.
We accept cash ; EFT and credit cards via our own website If any add-ons were requested and already purchased by us, you are responsible for 100% of the add-on prices Rates are negotiable for longer stay guests on request All prices are subject to change without prior notice
Any extras must be settled before departure eg. Tours, Laundry, Masseuse , Private Trainer or mini bar
Non-arrival for a booking will be charged in full on the day your booking starts unless you notify us in advance
The guest will be charged 50% of the total price if they cancel after reservation and the total price of the reservation if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival. If the guest doesn’t show up they will be charged the total price of the reservation.
The guest will be charged a prepayment of 50% of the total price after reservation and the remaining amount in the 7 days before arrival.
Should guests have to cancel due to Covid 19 circumstances, we will refund the full deposit, up until 14 days before arrival date (only valid for reservations made after 1 April 2020)
Cancellations and modifications made by you are not considered confirmed until you receive confirmation by us either via telephone, email or text.
The following reservation modification policy is strictly observed: Modifications to the number of guests are allowed without a fee
Adding room nights are allowed without a fee
Removing room nights are considered a cancellation for the removed room nights and follows the Cancellation Policy for the total price of the removed room nights
Your Payment, Cancellation and Modification Policies are determined by the Rate Plan you choose. If you reserved through a 3rd Party Booking Agent, they own the reservation and their Terms and Conditions apply.